Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) vs. Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA)
Skar Audio produces two types of wire in various gauge size for its wire by the roll and amplifier wiring kits, but how do you know which is right for you? There are a few things to consider when you are choosing.
Advantages of Oxygen Free Copper (OFC)
- OFC is typically more conductive and will carry more current to your amplifier
- The strain placed on a vehicle's electrical system is less when using OFC
- Corrosion resistance is increased
- Better absorbtion of heat
- Meant for more powerful systems (Greater than 2000W)
- More expensive option
Advantages of Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA)
- A budget-friendly option
- Meant for less powerful systems (2000W or less)
Ultimately, the advantages of OFC are notable, however, CCA is a really great product and budget-0friendly if you do not have the need to carry high amounts of power to your amplifier or to your subwoofer.